Journalism is an exciting industry that involves researching, collecting and presenting information and stories through various media outlets. The Journalism program at Algonquin College, which is a member of the Canadian and Ontario Community Newspapers Associations, is a two-year program that ends with an internship within the media and communications industry.
The program is designed to give you the full journalist experience: you will research, write/edit stories, take photographs, shoot videos, conduct interviews, record audio stories, as well as learn how to use online platforms and social media as reporting and publishing tools. Your learning experience will include lectures, labs, workshops, guest speakers and field trips.
Throughout the program you will build a portfolio of work and gain valuable hands-on experience as you work on Algonquin’s award–winning newspaper, the Algonquin Times, and Glue, Ottawa’s student–focused magazine.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Efficiently and effectively research, write, and publish information
- Write and edit content for various media platforms
- Work both independently and as a member of an editorial team
- Publish and broadcast content for various media platforms
- Use computer and technical skills for production and research
Learn more about the program here: http://www.algonquincollege.com/mediaanddesign/program/journalism/
Read the Algonquin Times here: http://algonquintimes.com
Read Glue magazine here: http://glueottawa.com